A forum for cottagers on Rice Lake, Ontario

You are not connected. Please login or register

LIRA: Long Island Ratepayers Association

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 LIRA: Long Island Ratepayers Association on Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Welcome fellow Long Islanders!
I'm looking forward to meeting more of my island neighbours here!

A couple years ago, I think Russ Noble was in the process of forming the LIRA (Long Island Ratepayers Association). It got off to a great start with email blasts, newsletters at the Wood Duck Marina shed, and plans for other valuable activities including the establishment of an emergency fire pump, cleanup of the mainland parking lot and other super ideas.

Does anyone know whatever became of it? Feel free to PM (private message me) if you have any info, or perhaps know how I can contact Russ.

Cheers!

View user profile

2 Long Island ratepayers on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Those of us in the bay (affectionally referred to as the swamp by others on the island)I believe have reason to talk together. Any communication from others particularly on the bay would be appreciated.

I am new to island on lot 159

Dave2

View user profile

3 lira on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Dave,
I am at lot 176. I am headed up this Saturday through Wednesday. If I see that you are there I will stop by and say hello.
Ed

View user profile

4 Down by the bay! on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:08 pm

Just stumbled across this forum! A great way to connect with other long islanders! I'm also in the bay!!!

View user profile http://www.canadiancottager.com

5 Re: LIRA: Long Island Ratepayers Association on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:18 pm

I am ready for spring. I had Dave Drury move some dirt to the front of the property and I am anxious to see how it turned out. I had closed up for the season before he had it completed.

View user profile

6 Long Island Ratepayers Association (LIRA) on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:36 am

It was great to hear about the creation of "Rice Lake Cottaging" because like many, I presume, I've missed "Rice Lake Today" and the information it provided. I noted in one of the messages from "Lars on Long Island" that he was wondering whatever happened to the "Long Island Ratepayers Association (LIRA)" I tried to organize a couple of years? To answer the question, it just didn't get the support needed to make a go of it. A few islanders got behind the idea but some others got very vocal and opposed it, saying things like it was unconstitutional and an invasion of their privacy. Based on that, it wasn't worth causing any friction between neighbours on the Island so the project was dropped. The LIRA Information Centre (box)is still hanging at the Wooduck Marina (Marv's) but that's all that remains of what I thought was a good idea.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum